Time is short for everyone these days so I have decided to be just like Bob and make this a short and sweet post.
I am dog crazy, always was and always will be but sometimes I don’t get that people fail to see the benefits that we get from having a four-legged friend in the house. The bonus in our house is varied;
- Getting rid of scraps is no problem as Bob is always too happy to help out. It doesn’t matter what type of meat or veg is left over, he will gladly reduce the amount heading to the bin.
- Getting in our 10,000 steps a day is not a huge problem in this house as Bob gets a very short sedate walk and then the crazy collie gets her fast-paced walk or jog. She is not limited by terrain either, beach, riverside, fields or roads Ellie will take them all on.
- Finding a person to give you a hug (Bob) or nudge (Ellie) to help reduce stress levels is a handier way of bringing down blood pressure than trying to remember to take pills.
- Time – on the odd occasion when the batteries in the clock failed, our friendly four-legged friends were highly reliable regarding meal times.
- Then there are the amazing way dogs can assist people, – Therapy dogs, Assistance (guide) dogs, Search Dogs, Security Dogs, Cancer Detection, The trouble with this one benefit is that it takes time and patience to find which category the dog fits best with
Happy Mothers Day everyone!